Sunday, April 17, 2011

Austin Kleon


The quote that I found most interesting happened to be the very last quote on the page. Most of the quotes were long, and elaborate, but I liked this quote because of its simplicity. The quote is, “It’s not where you take things from—it’s where you take them to.” - Jean-Luc Godard. I have never heard of Jean-Luc Godard, but this quote is meaningful. It is saying how it doesn't truly matter where you steal an idea from, it matters what you make it. It matters what you and your creativity can do with a little "push" from someone else's work.

A strategy that I feel would work well for me is "Write What You Like". In an art sense, make art that you enjoy. Imagine art that you would like to see, and go out and make it. I spend too much time making pieces that I settle for, and I make them over and over again. I need to being to mark art of things I want to see made. This will make making art much easier, thus helping with my overall project for the Senior Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment