Thursday, March 10, 2011

Inside the Painter’s Studio by Joe Fig

One artist that I was very interested in was Alexis Rockman. I feel that his work really shows how he lives his life and the environment in which he creates it. Through what I understood in his interview, he is a man that is well put together, but also has a childish side. He wakes up early every morning and works through the day, but also works in his pajamas. It shows he is dedicated to his work, but he has his own style and works with what feels comfortable for him. His work is a combination of the way he lives his life. The visual aspect of the pieces show great detail, but the content of what he paints is mostly fantasy life, which is going back to the, not so much childish, rather imaginative side of him.
I also feel that I relate mostly to Alexis. He talks about his early life, and how he never thought he could really do anything with contemporary art until late on in his life. As of now, I would love to work with art in the future, but not exactly sure how it will fit into a job. Also, he talks about the way he works, and how he listens to music and he feels comfortable in the way he works, and I try to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment